taylor1595

Basstackle 4.5" Bluegill Swimbait Mold?

has anybody used this mold?  I'm new to pouring and have gotten addicted.  I have been playing with silicone open pour molds and am having lots of fun and thinking of stepping up to some aluminum molds and this one caught my eye.  It says hand pour, but is not an open top type that I'm used to using.  I would love to see some baits that have been made with this mold in two colors.  How do you get a two color bait when the pour spout is at the mouth like that?  excuse my ignorance as I'm new at this and have started out simple with open top pour molds. 

I have this mold. It's not like the molds you are using, it's more like an injected bait. But the nose is large enough to pour a stream of plastic through. And there are no thin spots in this mold. It is really easy to pour and not much goes wrong as long as the plastic temp is normal. It can be injected but with the insert right in the middle if gets air bubbles toward the nose. Not always but it will. It can be injected with the Twinjector but the insert causes it to mix a bit just from being in the middle like that. Picture can be deceiving though this is a BIG bait and will fill the palm of your hand. Pm me your address and I will make you one before you buy.

Edited by Frank
  • Like 1