Bogbaits

plastic scents

I have been wondering,when doing retail worm bags do you put your scent and worm oil on after you package them or before,The reason im asking is how do you keep your bag clear and not wet from the scent and the oil,most bags of worms and plastics I see seem to be nice and clear and dry looking,thanks

Tough call on this one for me. If I'm the one doing the fishing, lots of salt and scent in and on EVERYTHING. Unfortunately, salt masks the colors........and colors are what catch most fishermen. So......in order to sell a few bags, I went with scent in the baits, and just worm oil on the exterior. But Jim and Sterling are right on the money. Worm oil dissipates over time, but the baits will still move around quite easily in the bag without sticking. I have spoken to many hand-pour guys over the years about this and the bottom line is most of them agree.........to sell in stores, go with scent in your mixture and worm oil on the baits.

I found worm oil in the bags will discolor the worm and leave color on the inside of the bags, leaving the product looking :censored:

I just put a bunch ( 200 or 300) worms into a large plastic bag put in some scent and salt, no oil, shakem up & put em into indv. bags. Pleanty of lub so the worms dont stick togther

Yeah, my experience with worm oil is BAD!! It seems to toughen up the baits and also discolors many. I don't pour any colors or baits in advance so you can imagine what might happen in more than a couple days.

I say dump the worm oil all together and get you some Upper Hand Scent!!! Highly recommend the Hawg N Garlic sauce!! Just a few drops lubes your baits up great. I don't use any salt like I used to a long time ago either.

Just my opinion though...

Jim