fisheye56

Epiphany!!!!

Guys, Thanks to you all, a light bulb went off and I think I got it!Have two clay proto types done tried to install a picture of them{for your imput} but had a problem they want the thing to be 90 or less KB now come on I don't have a clue how to get a 623kb to a 90 kb I have a hard time remembering my last name!Anyway the other thoughts on baits are just flying in my head and got to get the models made. Has anyone used regular tube silicone to test their molds to see if they will produce what you had thought in your mind? I plan to do just that while I'm waiting on my order from Del-Mar to get here! Will I have a disaster on my hands?Should I wait for the start up kit. Want natural colors too with a green Pump. What color of natural should I order pearl or white?

One easy way to downsize is to go to Windows Explorer....select your photo...then right click and select "send to" then select mail recipient. It will then ask if you want to make the picture smaller....click ok and a blank message will appear with a file attachment which is downsized but still good for viewing. You can copy right from there and paste into a file of your choice.

The bait is 3" long and it is my first of 4 dropshot baits. On my home lake we are catching spots in 37-40' of water the baits are noise hooked with a #6 optiums hook{very small-tiny hook}As I'm sure you'all are aware of my cronic failures with the clay models long slender tails breakage so far is 100%{can I say piano wire and superglue}Slender tails is what I have to acheive for the quivery-action a drop shot bait must produce!I'm experencing a lot of fustration right now: I need some additional help. The bait in pic{how would you guys place it in the pop mold?} I think it needs to go vertical not like I have it when I took the pic?Ok now you already know what's going to happen next and I don't mind failure but if you have some wisdom to lay on me please!!! feel free HELP!! Wait till you guys see the others I got one idea that was my Epiphany!! I'm going to call it the Wacky-Wack! Is going to kill-em yeah a wacky rig drop shot!

Personally, I think if you mount it vertically, you are going to loose yet another master and suffer more frustration. Certainly, mounting it flat will be much easier.

After all the problems with the clay, you may be better considering a different material for your masters. Clay does not lend itself to thin sections, legs etc. That tail looks pretty skinny and is the main risk of breakage.

Are you using the clay as is, or are you applying a top coat. A couple of coats of epoxy would help with the strength of the naster in the skinny sections. I am using polyester resin a lot these days. It is a hard, smooth surface finish and is ready for use in a couple of hours.

Something else to consider for your next master, is to build the clay master over a stainless steel wire frame. This again will help protect the thin areas, combined with an epoxy or resin top coat, will make the master much more durable.

Thanks , I do spray them with a primer after I have sanded-tuned them but I'm afraid its the wrong thing too Kilz is what I'm priming them with.Thanks about the material change already thought I'd have to go to wood then I'm back making crank baits kinda. but I'm good have a scrool saw can cut out and then sand just doubled my prep work though.Boy just when you think you find a short cut BANG huh NOPE!It will help me appreciate the end product and the 5.00 a five pac of the hand poured baits I buy that I thought were too expensive!I will lay the model flat first to see what comes out so not to loose that one just don't know if it will give me the desired look.