kbkindle

kb's new hobby

ken kindle here have been trying to make wood crankbait for a couple of winters now but the last 2 months i got a brain fart and thought i would try to make rods and make the wood rod handles for them here is what i have done so far

woodfishingrodhandlesthefirst.jpg

first one hard maple #2red maple amd walnut #3 walnut #4 cedar and pine laminated. got three more handles made will show them if you want when i get the rod's made kb

kb here with two more rods and wood handles

oak-walnut.jpg made of oak-walnut

cedar--popular.jpg made of cedar-popular

drilling holes if you have a drill press no problem what ever size the rod is i drill in on forgrip---reelseat and lower handle

if not for your mini lathe you can buy a chuck that will fit in the motor end or where the burl end then make a v stand of metal that you can put in the hole that holds your lathe tools and then with the spur end push the wood rod handle into bit i use a spade bit rod blanks are usually 1/2 ' OR 3/8" kb hope that this is clear as mud. if i did not explain it well let me know and ill see if i can draw better that explain kb