crappiekid24

New

I am looking to possibly get into making spinnerbaits, buzzbaits and jigs but don't know where to start. I do tie flies and crappie jigs. I would also like to make my own skirts but really don't know what to do there. Any suggestions on what to get and how to get started is appreciated. Also do you guys use stuff from living rubber company? I have some for flytying and love it.

Well, you need to read a lot of posts on the wire baits forum. There is a world of wisdom there. You need to make a decision on what you want to make first. Say you decide to make spinnerbaits. You need to pick a mold (Do-it makes good molds at a reasonable price). You need to order the hooks and wire forms necessary for the mold you pick. You then need powder paint, blades, swivels, split rings, beads and silicone pads for skirts. Barlows Tackleshop has all of this. I recommend you get skirt material and skirt tool from Charlie at fishingskirts.com. He has good selection, a good price, and a neat skirt making tool for $4.00.

Hope this helps. Any specific questions ask on the forum or send me a PM.

Hope this helps.