champlainbaits

Lady Luck Baits (almost done R+D)

Hey Folks,

I've been a member for a couple years...based on a recommendation I got from one of my first customers. Back then I was using nail polish as my clearcoat :) I moved on to epoxy and also about million other materials along the way. Last time I posted a pix (or sold a bait) was about 2 years ago when I gave up for a while because although they were catching fish (and fishermen) they were far to fragile to market.

Now I'm using better materials, processes and a 2 step clear coat of Dick Nite's stuff (LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT) and I'm starting to think they might be ready to sell. We'll see. I began testing again today and smashed it into the concrete bridge I was fishing near and it held up better than any commercial bait I've fished. As long as it doesn't peal, blister, delaminate, or fog during the next couple weeks I'll be thrilled.

Ok, so here it is again after 2 more years of on and off R+D.

Lady Luck Bait Co. Crankbait in "Kivveylicious"

lady_luck_baits_2008.jpg

P.S. If you look at my site just know it's not ready either...let me know what you think about the article on the home page though.

Feedback very welcome.

Kevin

Thanks for the feedback. They are photo baits with a twist. I use photoshop to design the patterns (I have a perch one I'll be posting soon also) and then use process I developed to get those designs onto the lures. In the end they are a combination of paint, ink, and printed design. Then I add a sparkle layer and then clear coat 2 times with Dick Nite's stuff. The "twist" I mentioned before is that they as part of the process I give them much more contrast and change some of the colors to make them more visible than a real fish.

At this time I only make the standard 3" version. I have others in the works.

I also have some original patterns that are high visibility patters. This sunfish, and the perch pattern work VERY well in the clear water sections of Lake Champlain. The High vis ones I made for less ideal visual situations and for when the fish are super active.