scbassman28

plastic supplier

From what I've experienced there might not be a so-called "best" plastic, but they are certainly not all the same. Some do not settle or separate. Some do. Some more than others. Some have an odor. Some don't. Some do not smoke much. Some do. Some people swear by one brand and others by another. Bottom line is they all make great baits. Some people make their decisions by price, some by shipping costs. Others, by customer service. It's a matter of personal preference by trial and error. I made phone calls and asked questions. I asked for samples and offered to pay the shipping. I received samples from some. Some I didn't.

I will echo Richards comments. All of the plastisols have slightly unique characteristics. Try samples and decide what you like as they all have pros and cons.

Any supplier that is interested in selling their product to you should be willing to send a sample. I think is is fair for the supplier to ask for you to cover the shipping costs just as you would should many ask for samples of your baits.

Try them out and inquire about the products. You will find that some may be better for sticks, swimbaits or whatever.

Jim

zeiners maybe be a dollar or two cheaper, but they will scalp you on the shipping. M-F will treat you right...

I will pay their shipping I have my order in two days from the time I placed it every time. I had a back order from them that got lost in the mail. I called them about it and I had it the next day. Their customer service and their fast shipping makes up for the few extra dollars you pay for shipping.