challenger

cnc machine

Delw, we're both typing at the same time. My w3 is 36X36X28. Takes 2 people to carry it, if I remember correctly it was one of the first 2 made of this series. So, they may have shrunk it down for the market they were targeting.I use an nsk 20,000 or 30,000 rpm spindle can't remember which , it's been so long.

Yea, Matt is cool, Likes to hunt mearns around southern AZ.

I lived in Sierra Vista when I bought the mill, so I was able to go into their shop and see what I was buying before I bought. At that time, they were working on the laser scanner, while I was using my little roland pieza needle "toy" scanner. The Top dog of the company that I got my cad/cam software from left the cad/cam software part of the business and last I heard is running the development of the scanner. They are selling it for 21 grand, but it will only scan to .02" and only an area of 10X10X5cm but that should be enough for the majority of lures out there.It exports the files in stl format. Send Matt a detailed part or something and let him scan it, can't hurt to try.

AATW

good idea on the trial version as far as seieng of they will work for your application. bobcad has a 30 day trial , the bigger more expensive programs give you 2 weeks.

however I dont reccomend that you set your PC back you can get in trouble for that.

shops can't sell there old software or they will loose there seat licence.

Like coping all these other companies designs for our plastic lures is okay. Give me a break. You never downloaded a sound off napster or where ever, copied CD’s, DVD, a page from a book, or anything that has a copy write?

You go spend grandage on S/W and I’ll make a couple illegal copies and spend my cash on gas and beer for fishing. :D

Jay

Actually I was one of the admins of the biggest pirate board in the USA, back during the amiga days 1988? then we all went to pcs around 1992 with the 386 dx 40's. we shut it down in 94 I think, due to freaking ( freaking was when people would use someone else's phone bill to upload to our server we didnt like that so we shut it down), back then it was legally for elvaulation only, thats how most game companies got there games so popular. one reaosn USR us robotics grew into a huge company fast was because pirate boards needed high speeds 2400 baud rate took for ever to load a 5 meg game our board was a beta site for USR to test all there new modems, we got them all free as long as we gave them a weekly report on the preformance and errors. they finally came out with one that was software modified by the user. we tweak them for the best speed with less loss of packets and sent our numbers back.

copying lures? no never EXACT most have slight modifications, got alot of my own stuff too but I generally give it to customers mainly our dropshot and worm stuff and I dont put that online for sale.

with todays internet its not worth it to use pirated software. windows xp is the scarey part been tempted to get a pirated copy but just ended up buying 5 copies for back up on the pcs they announced the other day they were not going to sell it anymore and most of my stuff wont work on vista cause its old. this is one reason I need to upgrade cam software. I still have one pc running on windows 95 and useing dos due to its old and wont run in windows xp or anything newer than 95

I think its as you get older you dont wnat to mess with things like that.

Edited by Delw

I still have one pc running on windows 95 and useing dos due to its old and wont run in windows xp or anything newer than 95

I think its as you get older you don't want to mess with things like that.

I think it falls under two lines of thought.

1. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.:nuhuh:
  2. Nobody wants to spend their "Golden Years" in the slammer; I don't think AARP allows inmate memberships and Social Security don't send checks to prison addresses.:twocents: