Delw

Oh I like this section

I'm hot-rodding the ol' 680-T as well.

After 20 years, I figured it's time I spruce it up a bit.

Put in gas-cylinder shocks on the rod locker and another compartment lid last night.

Carpeting is on hold till cooler weather this fall, but I added a new casting deck seat, new, 24-volt trolling motor, and new anti-skid material on the bow.

How old's the boat you're re-doing?

its a 1997 cajun, I sunk it in a WON bass pro-am at lake Mojave, the deck was starter to rot so thats what started it.

April decided that I needed to do the deck work and be done with it. My boy with downsyndrom always gets a yellow toy boat for christmas and he loves to fish, so since the gel coat looks old ( red flake part) I said heck with it I will Gel-coat it that tritoon Yellow ( like school bus yellow) and do the whole entire boat. You know guys a simple job turns into a major operation. I didnt work on it for 2 years starting to work on it now 10 mins here 30 mins there in between loading the machine.

I still havent decided if I was running the keyless ignition like Ranger has on the z boats or a key but use the electronic dash thats on the tritons, all the hose connections latches,and prety much everything that was plastic is machine alum even the gas tank fillers ( and those are tricky to make). I am building (almost completed) the second detachable consol so when I take the kids out they got something to hang on to and keep the air out of there face.

the front deck has a built in trolling motor pedal section like the gamblers do with some modifications.

of coarse its all being completely rewired with a fuse box in the front drivers side rod locker( these rod lockers a 6foot 220lb person could sleep in)

so when its done it should be all gelcoat and upholstry/carpet and alum. the guages with have alum bezels also NO plastic anywere except the rub rails and no toggle or flip switchs they will all be push button(lighted like the tritons)with led lights in all compartments.

Kinda like "pimp my bass boat" LOL

Kinda like "pimp my bass boat" LOL

Didn't their use to be a TV show on ESPN where they would fix up boats and trick them out for people? I think one of the guys was named Chigger and had all gold teeth. Del bass boats do look good in yellow. I had seen one for sale that was yellow and purple for sale. It was a boat that would get some good looks in a tournaments.

never seen pimp my boat, sen pimp my ride/car though.

Yellows pretty cool its what my son wants My buddy has a nice white gambler I am temped to buy buy Antonhy would be very happy, even though he loves the gambler its not yellow.