stankdog

Third Pour < need help with Lumina Powders

These are some Laminates I have been playing with (please critique), trying to duplicate the hottest saltwater color around here ( Berkley New Penny), question is my copper lumina seems much thicker, adding 1/4 tsp to 2 oz., than other color powder(white for bottom), do some colors and powders need or like more heat than others? The copper Lumina seems to pour good only when super hot. All colors and glitters are LC and LC med. plastic Any suggestions or comments appreciated, oh yeah this is stupid addicting isn't it!?!

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

3604_thumb.attach

that is an awful lot of powder to be adding. usually its just a toothpic ful for 1/2- a full cup of plastic

I am assuming the lumiate powders are the same thing as hilite and super hilite powder?

one thing you can do to increase the color in hilites is to add a drop of color in them let say for example you want the copper to be more copper. and its in a clear plastic. just add one drop of dark blue or black. it will give the illusion of a clearer plastic which will make the hilites stand out more.

actually the color is perfect for what I am trying to match , it just seems the plastic needs to be hotter than other powders to pour, the amount(1/4tsp to 2oz. plastic) was recommended in the LC catalog, however I trust you guys, so you guys are suggesting to back off the powder and add a drop of color , right?

Since I have not been pouring since Hur.Rita hit here, I have not used the hi lites yet, but can I ask how much glitter you put, looks like alot in the pic, hard to tell though.

Finally found my color book, ma' maybe I should say whats left of it, Silver phish did quite a job with it :boo: