pigdestroyer

The smell of plastic.

I can't seem to get rid of the plastic smell. I am using Calhoun plastic from Del. I am using Upper Hand scent, which I hear is one of the best. I added about 6 drops to 4oz prior to cooking. I also added it after cooking and in the bag once the worms were done. Still smells like plastic. I am confused. I am adding way more scent than I have read is necessary in this forum and plastic scent is still prominent.

Sounds like scorching to me ... if your lures are turning out off color (amber brown) that is what it is ... if you are using darker colors could be hard to tell from looking at it if you did not know what to look for ... but that odor ..

JSC

pig,I believe you are smelling plastic,even if you use scent you can still get plastic smell without burning your plastic with all of the plastics they sell,let the baits air for a day or two without bagging them,this works for me,it lets the plastic air and dry completly then bag and scent,I had the same problem and this worked for me.

Edited by prochallenger

Have someone smell your baits who has not been pouring all day,each plastic companies plastic has its own smell,some are stronger than others,some of you may not smell it because you are getting used to the smell,the smell is there,some scents are also stronger than others and some scents do not mask the plastic smell,it depends on what plastic you are pouring and what scent you have.

You also said you were pouring in an apartment. Make sure you have some sort of fan blowing the fumes out. Otherwise, EVERYTHING will get saturated (especially fabic ulpostered furniture) with that smell if you don't. If you don't have good ventilation, you are subject to real bad headaches and some even experienced nosebleeds. Drinking plenty of water helps in reducing the headaches. I'm not trying to discourage you, just giving my experience on one bedroom custom hand-poured big bass catching soft plastics! :eek:That's where I started pouring from.

Richard