mr max

line conditioner

Have any members tried one of the line conditioners being sold such as Kevin Van Dam Lure & Line Condioner,Reel Magic,etc?They claim it retards line memory,improves casting distance,restores old line like new,etc.What is the chemical make up of these products and do they work as claimed without damaging or deteriorating the line?

I use reel magic from time to time, I believe it has silicon in it.

does it work? thats a tough question to answer. it works on dry line pretty good if you stretch it. so one day I dunked the reel in warm water. worked the same way.

the only problem I have with the stuff you spray on your line is that over time they will gum up your reels.

I think what happens is that its slippery and it coats the guides as well to make the line flow through the guides better on a cast.

Years ago my father in law started fishing with me, and using a bait caster with mono. I bought a can for him to try, was excellent for the mono. Made it easier for him when he got some birds nets to fix. I never used it on my lines, but I don't use mono. Increased his casting distance when he used it, not by more than couple yards are so but was an increase.

Reel Magic was the brand

Edited by Kajan