Richard Prager

Scent vs worm oil

I hear ya Jim!

As for adding worm oils as a medium, that makes no sense

to me? Yes, most oils produced are very concentrated,

thus you should reap the benefits by using them as a

whole rather than diluting them which diminishes their

scent strength....just my opinion though.

To get the maximum permeating benefit, you should

stick with a straight concentrated product. As for feeling

that your wasting concentrated oils, I always tell my customers

to coat their baits, not submerge them;) You can always

add more later as I have noticed at times the oils are absorbed

into certain plastics.

-Doug

Upper Hand Scent - Marinades

Edited by bassassazzin

I add worm oil as a medium,I suppose fish Oil would be the way to go if I could get it at a good price,Im looking in to it,if I do get the oil im sure it will be great,ive used it in the past ,its not as slimey as worm oil and doesnt shine as much,doesnt last as long in the bag but it does smell even stronger,Ive tested it already but used the worm oil instead,maybe just a tad of worm oil with it,Im still hooked ,what can I say.:lol:

I received my crawdad oil yesterday. I put 8 drops in two different bags of baits. One was green pumpkin and one was white. It seems to have the same lubricating qualities as other scents I have used. The baits we fine this morning, had a good smell and still lubricated. The smell is definitely NOT stronger than any scents I have used either.

I poured some baits tonight and put a squirt in the pyrex just after I cooked the plastic. Green Pumpkin and white again. It worked just fine without any discoloration. I also give the baits a squirt while they are in the aluminum pan to set up. The crawdad oil seems to work just fine. It has a kind of sweet smell but it doesn't seem to be any stronger or better than the Upper Hand scents I've been using all along. But definitely better than other brands I have tried in the past. I was hoping it would knock me out of my chair. That, it didn't do. If you covered the labels, I couldn't tell which was which.

Now, with all that was said and done, I still for the life of me, do not understand the purpose or benifits of worm oil when you can use scent.:nono: Thanks for everyone's input.

I started using the worm oil and mixing my concentrated ground crawfish and shad and believe it or not it worked very well,with the pastes I get from my supplier,since then i have tried and like the fish oil and I have found fish oil cheaper than worm oil so I have learned something here,the fish oil also has the properties that I liked with the worm oil but is already a mild scent,so mainated with the craw pastes and shad pastes It makes a very potent scent,its fun coming up with your own smells,Thanks for all the input and for steering me in the fish oil direction.:yeah:

No I put it in a gallon jug and let it soak a bit then shake the hell out of it,the blender sounds like a great idea,im going to try it but either way this stuff is great,Im always trying some new ideas,I recently purchased some bulk salted large(6 inch) anchovies and made some scent with them,really awesome and strong fish smell,john