Fernet

Where to get low temp powder paint.

Well, I dont know. Bismuth-Tin has a lowest melting point at circa 140C or so. But I dont expekt to have to go that low. Hawnjigs here on the forum said something about the usaul pro-tec stuff might work if the alloy is 90-10. However it would be Rather brittle if i recall it right.

So any lower temp I suppose.

Howdy Fernet. Bi90 Sn10 should be powder paintable up to 400*F or so - except for skinny spike baitholder barbs brittleness shouldn't be a major problem. It would take a pretty hard impact to damage a 90-10 jig. I've seen some excellent powder paint jobs on pure tin also.

Fernet, I'm just guessing the melting point of Bi90 Sn10 being suitable for powder based on a projected range of 520*F for 100% Bismuth down to lowest 281*F for 58% Bismuth. But, BiSn alloys have an annoying tendency to partially melt out at lower than predicted temps, so just practice with a small amount. Sorry, I'm not equipped to measure melting temps nor do I powder paint.

Edited by hawnjigs

Most powder paints are applied at 250*F and then cured in the oven for 20 minutes @ 250*F. If you are going to be doing a large number pieces, you might want to look at getting a fluid bed (to put a thinner, better covered lure coat), a heat gun to help get the lure up to dipping temperature without an open flame, and a used oven or toaster oven to cure the powder coated lure.

Good luck & tight lines