criggster

How Long Do You Wait?

I have only been pouring for a little over a year, but I have noticed that as the baits I pour sit they seem to stiffen up a little. They are a little stiffer over the course of a few weeks and even seem different after a couple months. Is this the norm? If so, how long would you wait after pouring to get the best action from a bait? I have used pours a couple days later but as stated above it seems as though the action gets a little better after about two months.

no thats not normal, usually 24-48 hours in room temp will cure them.

are you adding anything to the plastic?

Salt, scent, oils ???

salt and straight plastic I would say 24-40 hours tops.

is your plastic cooked fully? over cooked? on over cooked plastic it will desinagrate over time but you would notices a yellow color first.

if you have salted baits and you leave them in a area with moisture you could have some problems as when the salts dries out it will make them harder then they were previous

Delw

I'm not usually adding anything to the aforementioned baits. They are swimbaits and the action I was referring to was the stiffness of their tails. It may be that I am not mixing the plastic thoroughly? I usually shake the jug for a minute or two and then pour the plastic into the pyrex.

The plastic is not overcooking, and I am pouring at a temp. of about 325 degrees. I just got a sample of LC plastic to try and really like it! It seems to pour a lot better and heats quicker than the Calhouns I was using.