drof99

Two color setup

I'm looking for some suggestions on a two color setup. Right now I'm using the microwave put that is a pain and makes me keep right after it. I usually will pour a small amount of one color, for tails, and a larger amount of another, for the bodies. I'm thinking about using a presto pot for the body color and getting a hot plate with metal cup for the other. Does this sound like it would work out fairly well? I really want to get away from the microwave. Just seems to make it a little less enjoyable for me. If anyone has a better setup for some two colors I'm all ears. I'm not talking about lams or swirls for this setup, just a different color tail.

droff99,

I use three hot plates and a griddle. The pots that I use are a melting pot made gy Farberware. They are for candy makers. They have a thick steel bottom that I found holds the heat real well. Multi color pours will keep you hopin'. Just do one bait at a time and you'll be fine. Warm molds help a lot. That is what I use the griddle for. hope that helps.

p.s. you can get single burner hot plates at Wallyworld for around 14-18 bucks.

I made a 2 color cup. Pyrex cup with metal and jb weld for making laminates. Works pretty good. Can shift pour one way or the other to get just one color for say tips. tryed other things for divider but they didn't hold up as well. Another thread somewhere that dicusses this and use in microwave. Where i got the idea from.