Bassgrabber

Laminated bag supplier??

Lcs price ( 2 years ago) was a very good price, just like ours.

laminated barrier bags that DONT leak are very expensive and hard to find.

there are other Laminated bags out there but they are not a TRUE leakproof bag.

April wanted some made but we had to buy 20,000-50k at a time to get a decent price.

Getting them cheaper your guarenteed to get junk thats leaks. April's has tried probally 10 different companies that claim to have real laminated barrier bags they are all junk and leak except the ones she currently carries and thats only the 4x7's I think.

April even went to the point of very seriously thinking about buying a bag machine to make the bags and she still might late this year, for the simple reason she can't find sizes she wants. She's been looking for a used machine but they are hard to come by. I used to be a mechanic on a line like that in my early years ;)

No problem, i just started pouring a few months ago, and just had a couple friends that own/run tackle shops check out my baits and are itching real bad to stock them(nobody stocking hand pours in my area), so i had to look hard at packaging as thats a fairly large cost in a bag of baits. johnson bag came with good recommendation from some of the guys here and they also had the best prices on their bags. now if i could only get rid of the international shipping, brokerage and taxes and id be laughing

Ahh yes..Taxes..material cost, time, lack of sleep :yawn:, Licenses, forms, permits, fees,domain registrations, web site design, etc, etc...

I am finding out that I am going to make a heck of a lot more money this year on my write offs than on my net profit.. Starting a business is not cheap..Oh well, at least I am legit..

Saving anything that I can will be very helpful.. I will be calling Johnson..

im going to hold off regestering everything untill i see how things are going to go, no sense in spending all that money if im not going to make it back. judging by basic cost estimates i should at minimum be able to make my money back if things dont go well.

The first year you will have a lot of "Setup" expenses..In addition there are "Start up" expenses, and "Operational" expenses.. My accountant broke these down into what items fall under each classification.. All of these are deductions regardless if you are in the black or the red.

I even have a Patent Attorney that is charging me $0.00 to start the "Provisional" process.. The money that I put into this to get the process rolling will not be lost. (At least not all of it)

I stuck my toe in the water to see what the reaction would be to my design and it warrants me to go all the way. Still kind of in shock by the whole thing, but happy that it is going this way as oppossed to hearing crickets.. :lol:

one thing to remember is i dont live in the US, im in canada. some things will be different. im only going to be supplying a few shops to start and if they keep be busy enough i will turn this into an actual business, if not, i will continue as is. i do have a way in to about 20 or so tackle shops around ontario through a contact of mine though