Bassgrabber

Jig Heads I purchased (FYI)

I bought a good amount of the ready made raw jig heads from a well known company (Do I dare say their name) Anyway..The weed guards are all jacked up out of the package, they are too short for the jig heads, and I had 2 just fall off when I was putting the heat resistant tubing on..I do not know who handles the QC for their manufacturing plant in the Dominican, but I hope that my next order (that should be here this week) are a better quality..:?

Just a word of caution to anyone who purchases or is thinking about it.. Out of the 30 jig heads that I am getting ready to powder coat, I can only use maybe 6 of them due to the quality issues.. :pissed:

Seems like you just made business with the wrong company.

If I may give my opinion.

Your initial comunication with them should of been to ask for samples of their product. Then you would of had a better idea of the quality of the product you were going to purchase up front.

But, since you have already done the purchase. You should contact the company and tell them that you will be sending them back their product for a full refund. Do not keep the good ones just send the whole package back. You should also email them this information and even send a letter with the package.

Its a shame that you have to go through all of this.:nono:

I can only imagen that you got a great deal for these jigs. Considering the fact that the cost of making these jig heads in the Dominican Republic should be so low, that the manufacturer can give you such a low price. Maybe you can get a better deal in the US when you weigh the benefits of getting a better quality product.

If I may ask...

What was the deal that you got on these jigs?

The price was 2.50 for five of them.. I figured that since they are such a big name in the jig head manufacturing business that buying pre made heads from them would be good. I don't have their molds nor do I really want to get involved with melting lead. (Especially here in California)

I will call them tomorrow to discuss this and see what they will do for me. I just don't get how they put a one inch weed guard on 3/8 and 1/2 oz football heads with 4/0 hooks and think that looks right.

Besides the size thing, they are bent and ragged looking..

"Bassgrabber", you might have noticed that there are members here who are serious about mastering their craft and could probably make exactly what you want (not me). Perhaps you could research the archives and send out a few PMs if your "big name" mfg. can't provide you.

Oh I do plan on giving them a call about it. The other order from them should be here on Tuesday. I wish that I would of opened up the packs sooner to discover this.. but I was so busy with my palstics that they sat for a couple of weeks before I was ready to get the jigs going. As soon as the next order gets here I am opening one immediatley and will be on the phone with them. I will even email them pictures if this next batch is FUBAR..

I just got off the phone with the main buyer for the company and they are doing the right thing..

Guess I am not the first one to complain about the football heads weedguard issues.. They are aware of it and trying to correct the QC issues.

They are crediting me for the previous order and they are personally checking the new order before it ships out today. They promised a phone call to me to let me know if everything is ok or not. If there are problems they will take care of it..