COBRA

how big do you pour?

not hijacking rogervichs thread at all, but just got me wondering what others are doing as far as large baits. that twin tail was pretty sweet! heres a pic of the biggest striper bait i make, it was my first lobster bait probally about 6 years ago, then the smallest is a flipping craw i started making in the 90's and the middle was a prototype which i have half molds of that i make my lobster jigs out of.

IMG_3773.jpg

Very nice. That is a big plastic lure.:eek:

Guess you just pour one a day and let it cool for the night.

Catch good size Stripers on that Lobster or will any size fish pick it up? I've found a lot of lobsters in Stripers over 25lbs over the years but not in just keeper size. Thinking using that lure might keep some rats away long enough for a cow to jump on it.

Smallest lure I pour is a 9" sluggo. Made several in that style of my own and Fin-S types up to 14". The thickest is a Yum style that is 13". It takes a third of a cup to make and takes a while to cool.

how much plastic to fill that big boy?

Holy Smokes, Cobra! :eek:

Paper money is just a tad over 6 inches long, so that would make your ginormous crustacean, what, about 16 to 18 inches? :oooh: I would love to lay into the cow that could scarf that down!

Great job on the detail and color.

By the way - how did the show go last weekend?

Rick H.

pro i was just looking at your om the other day and was gonna get ahold of you. i have EWG offset worm hooks in 1/-6/0 and i have a wide gap dropshot wacky hook in size 1 and 2, they are $2.79 per 10 pack. except i didnt figure out the 6/0 yet, they are $3 inchange a bag but didnt sit down and figure that out yet. Home Page still working on the site, as usual, between making baits and everything else!