mikefishnfl

Fluke Molds

I recently got a Del-Mart fluke mold, and honestly, im just not happy with it at all. It's a flat top and nearly impossible to pour due to the design. Im not here to bash that mold by any means, but im looking for an aluminum fluke mold. Does anyone else make any? Im not seeing one, and we really want to start pouring flukes.

It's the 5" flat top. I'll be honest it looks like a one piece mold that a top has been cut for. I don't have the mold here, or id post pictures. The best way I can explain it is that on the bottom half, is where the actualy fluke body is. The top half is a flat piece of aluminum. So when you pour into the mold, you are pouring into a d-shaped funnel that is literally only a couple millimeters big. I heated so hot is was like pure water and couldn't pour it and im pretty steady.

The single pcs mold I like, the flat top mold I have never really liked as far as the shape. the round backs are pretty good also.

I have one other sf mold thats a 2 piece that looks much better with a tad bigger tail, deeper hook slot and eyes.

As far as pouring shoot me an email with your phone number. they all pour pretty good.

Delw

Dels flat top mold can be difficult to pour but can be done with practice. It will take practice though. If you dont want to spend the time a two piece mold would be better. Or try a different style one piece fluke like Bears rtv fluke. Its also a great bait. But keep going back and practicing on Del's. I wouldnt just give up on it. You can never have to many fluke molds. :lol: Now i have to go watch Daves videos to see what i can learn from them.

Edited by MTfishingrods