joshpink

making plastic

i dont have a mold but i have the bait how much for 1000

Ok, let's talk Turkey.

First, is the bait a copyrighted or patented? Next, how many baits do you need to make? I ask because to get proper usage or profit from 1000 molds, you'd either first have to sell them or run a production line with many workers.

So, what are you looking to do with the molds? Remember, 100 10 cavity molds will yield as much as 1000 1 cavity molds.

I am trying to figue out what you need, either 1000 baits or 100 molds?.

looking at your other post you wanted to make stik baits so I am guesisng your talking you need 1000 baits.

if you need 1000 baits , 1000 baits is very easy to do with 1-2 molds.which you can make out of RTV POP or have one made out of Aluminum.

if your looking for 1000 molds thats not cost justifiable to make baits with. your talking some serious money well over 50k.and why spend that just for molds. if you truely have a need to make that many baits then you really should look at a Zorn injection system, if you dont want to spend 30-50k then you should Call them and have them hook you up with one of there customers that shoot baits for other companies. there are 2 on this board as well one in utah and one in carolina. then all you would have to do is pay for the mold and pay for there service to make your baits.

a mold for a Zorn machine or any PROFESSIONAL injection system will run between 3k -10k depending on the detail and how many colors you want.

they are water cooled and shoot up to 100 baits every min or there abouts.

If your not to sure on what molds do or how the work read the site, pop molds andrtv molds last for 100's of baits, aluminum molds will last a life time and into the millions of baits.

Also keep in mind just cause you have 1000 molds you wont be able to pour them that fast you will need help and lots of it., not to mention all the pouring equipment that goes along with it, one microwave, presto pot sta warm pot wont cut it.

Delw

He has a mold. What he' s asking is "is there any plalce to send the mold where they would produce the baits for him". I think:?

I assume you're talking 1 sided molds for hand pouring. In which case I guess anyone could do them for you.

If you want someone to inject baits the molds will need to be made for there equipment. You'll need to buy way more than 1000 to make that cost work.

He has a mold. What he' s asking is "is there any plalce to send the mold where they would produce the baits for him". I think:?

I assume you're talking 1 sided molds for hand pouring. In which case I guess anyone could do them for you.

If you want someone to inject baits the molds will need to be made for there equipment. You'll need to buy way more than 1000 to make that cost work.

He said he didn't have the mold but did have the bait. If I had a better understanding of what his desired end results are I could give him better input.

Answer is yes Josh. If you have a mold, someone will pour you 1000 baits. If you just have the bait, someone can make a mold, either hand produced (pop, resin, etc.) or get one machined.

Cost will be based on how difficult it is to produce the mold. Pouring the baits and matching the color(s) usually is not an issue. I would predict you are looking at 0.30 to 0.50 per bait with a possible flat fee cost for the mold. Not bad really....

Good luck!!!!

Jim