CTBASS56

Question On Patents

I have been doing a lot of tinkering with plastics that have already been manufactured by big companies. I have been taking pieces off here and there and glueing pieces back together, essentially creating my own bait with pre existing pieces.

My question is, if I were to continue to do this, cutting/glueing and then make my own mold of my new creation, does this infringe on the companies patent (if they have one) if I decided to sell my baits?

How do I figure out if a company has a patent on a bait?

Thanks for the input

if the appendage you reapply to something else in itself is protected or its action or its attachment and lets not forget a companies intellectual property then you are infringing. and do not let anyone tell you that you can change a bait by so many percentile and you are safe this is a myth and if you dont believe it ask a copyright/patent lawyer. if its protected leave it alone even for personal use

I have been doing a lot of tinkering with plastics that have already been manufactured by big companies. I have been taking pieces off here and there and glueing pieces back together, essentially creating my own bait with pre existing pieces.

My question is, if I were to continue to do this, cutting/glueing and then make my own mold of my new creation, does this infringe on the companies patent (if they have one) if I decided to sell my baits?

How do I figure out if a company has a patent on a bait?

Thanks for the input

What ct bass said

Plus

If there is a patent number on the bag of baits then look up the patent number and read what it says, For example paca craws have a patent on the wings in size and some other things, so if your using those wings your violating the patent. Strike king also has a patent on one of there baits that pertain to the claw tips

If there is NO patent on the bag of baits then its pretty much a crap shoot and I wouldnt worry about it until you get a letter with a patent number.

I believe( but not 100%) they have to list the patent info on the bag or say patented on the bag somewere.

every bait is different on what they patent, also just because it says patent number XXXXX doesnt mean the bait is patented. It just means something in that bag is patented , like a scent, or a divot( zoom has a patent on divots in there baits ( jigv trailers/ chunk) but it has nothign to do with the shape or size of the bait just the bumps/divots .

Dont read the patent once and be done with it, Read it every day and then when you think you have it figured out, give it to a friend ( not a wife grilfriend of Boyfriend or family member cause there opinion is biased as well) that has nothing to do with BAITS, they will have a non biased opinion on what is covered, Anyone who fishes or makes baits will have a biased opinion on the bait being a patent infringment.

When people want to do something they will let there minds tell them its ok by tweaking this or that, when in fact it isnt, but to them they have there mind set on producing something so any change is going to be justifiable to them. Its human nature thats how we all think, thats why its always best to get someone who has no clue about what your doing and get a second opinion.

then if your still in doubt hire a patent attorny

Delw