351mustang65

Making Super Soft Plastic From Medium

Depends on the brand of plastic and softener. Its almost impossible to tell without knowing which brand of "super soft" you want. Every brand's "super soft" is different.

I would start with a cup of medium and add about a tablespoon of softener and go from there, adding another tablespoon when needed.

Depends on the brand of plastic and softener. Its almost impossible to tell without knowing which brand of "super soft" you want. Every brand's "super soft" is different.

I would start with a cup of medium and add about a tablespoon of softener and go from there, adding another tablespoon when needed.

If you call whoever you bought it from, they should be able to give you the exact conversion

Any one know the ratio of medium plastic and softener to make a pint of super soft?

Hard to med 8oz of softener to 5 gals of plastic

med to soft 8oz of softener to 5 gals of plastic

soft to super soft, depends bigtime on what plastic your using like BBK said. my edjucated guess is 2-3oz of softener to 5 gals of plastic

med to supersoft would be

10-11oz of softener to 5 gals of plasticmaybe 12oz but definatly not 16 oz.

The company who sold you theplastic will know the forumla, as there the ones who make it.

Delw

Hard to med 8oz of softener to 5 gals of plastic

med to soft 8oz of softener to 5 gals of plastic

soft to super soft, depends bigtime on what plastic your using like BBK said. my edjucated guess is 2-3oz of softener to 5 gals of plastic

med to supersoft would be

10-11oz of softener to 5 gals of plasticmaybe 12oz but definatly not 16 oz.

The company who sold you theplastic will know the forumla, as there the ones who make it.

Delw

Hey del, do you have a chart going the other way with hardener?

Hey del, do you have a chart going the other way with hardener?

BBK

I wish I did but thats the real tricky part as all the companies dilute there hardener to make it easy to work with.

if the hardener is thicker than elmers glue than it is NOT diluted it pure, if its thin in vicosity like normal plastic then its diluted.

Of the thick stuff( undiluted( I wanna say its 2-3 oz per 5 gals and you have to use a paint stirrer while pouring it in. Don't quote me on that though as I am just going by memory

of the thin stuff like mf and lurecraft I always used a capfull per cup. but I havent used it in a few years as I would rather mix it down than up as its more consistant that way. I never did like playing with hardener due to it not being consistant from batch to batch.

Delw