spoonbender

Csi Vinyl Paint For Soft Plastics?

I painted some large jointed swimbaits that have a replaceable soft plastic tail. I used standard paints on the hard plastic portion and CSI transparent vinyl paint on the soft plastic tail to get a match. It seemed to do the job, looks ok but I'm concerned with longevity. I know there's specific paints for soft plastics but as I don't really use the CSI stuff anymore just wanted to use it up. Experiences?

I painted some large jointed swimbaits that have a replaceable soft plastic tail. I used standard paints on the hard plastic portion and CSI transparent vinyl paint on the soft plastic tail to get a match. It seemed to do the job, looks ok but I'm concerned with longevity. I know there's specific paints for soft plastics but as I don't really use the CSI stuff anymore just wanted to use it up. Experiences?

Vynil paint is not good on plastic or any surface that comes into contact with plastic thats has vynil on it. Eventually it will peel right off. It can only be used seperately on products that have no conact with polymers and other types of plastic ingredients. Been there done that.