GoneFroggin

What Scents And/or Oils Do You Use On Frogs?

Same here, don't use anything on my frogs. Worms, craws, etc. I do use oil and sometimes scent. On my tubes I used floured salt. Salt, oil and or scent I just add in the bags. Salt I do add in my plastic for certain baits tho.

Nothing with water added into hot plastic. In the bag for packing? I personally wouldn't, but others may have different info. The anise I have is from Bears.

I cook scent in and rarely may add scent to my finished frogs. Anything to cover up the scent of the plastic and the human scent seems to be sensible.

Topwater frogs are not always a reaction bite. If you swim the frog along the top of vegitation and then kill it right at the edge or around a hole, the frog will slowly float down and get hammered (if there are fish around). We call this "frippin". A mix between froggin and flippin.

It all comes down to what gives you confidence.

Edited by ghostbaits

Nothing with water added into hot plastic. In the bag for packing? I personally wouldn't, but others may have different info. The anise I have is from Bears.

I didn't cook with it, but put in a few bags of little baits I made. Seemed to cloud up the plastic a little. Probably won't use any more of it. I didn't see the water ingredient until after I had already used it.