ndietiker

Airbrush Paint For Soft Swimbaits

i used to use createx but when i sold a bunch of beaver molds to a guy in japan we got to talking and he sent me 12 quarts of airbruch paints used in commercial machines to paint soft plastics over there. i would tell you the name but i cant read japanese at all!! LOL but i will tell you it smears initially but after 3-4 hours it is dry to the touch but i have gotten in the habit of just dipping in clear after i have 40-50 painted up and that seems to work for us!1

Spike-It paint is definetly what you want. No clear coating needed, just make sure your bait is clean and oil free before you paint it. The paint will not rub off. This is the same stuff that about all the big companies use. If you need more information, give them a call Monday and they will help you out.

Mike - are your talking about Spike-It Dip-n-Glo Worm Paint. Their web site says it is for dipping. Do you have to thin it to spray it through an air brush?

Mike - are your talking about Spike-It Dip-n-Glo Worm Paint. Their web site says it is for dipping. Do you have to thin it to spray it through an air brush?

Smallie, I'm not talking about the dip-n-glo paint. I'm talking about the Lureworks plastic paint. This is the paint that almost all major companies use to paint their plastics. Color Tech, Spike-it and Lureworks are all the same folks. This link should get you to the plastic paints.

http://www.ispikeit.com/Store/c-72-soft-plastic-paint.aspx

Smallie, I'm not talking about the dip-n-glo paint. I'm talking about the Lureworks plastic paint. This is the paint that almost all major companies use to paint their plastics. Color Tech, Spike-it and Lureworks are all the same folks. This link should get you to the plastic paints.

http://www.ispikeit.com/Store/c-72-soft-plastic-paint.aspx

I looked all over their site but never clicked on lureworks because it didn't seem to fit. Thank you for setting me straight.

pour bait with plastisol then paint with water based createx... Then dip in hot clear plastisol and it's ok no reaction with the water base paint... Can u melt it down agian if need to? Didn't think could use createx water base paints... But if can... Open a whole new door for me

The clear plastic is just the same plastic the bait is poured with only with no color added.

www.novalures.com

I do it the same day. This way it sticks real good and will not come off. I put my eyes on and dip just after to get a good bond. I think the LC site said you have to clean the baits if they have been setting. This is the same stuff as Lureworks. Frank

• Like 1