Marks Lures

New Concept Of 6.75" Tube Worm Works

Hello All

I was unhappy with all the soft baits on the market, so I set out to design one that fit my needs.

Target was bass in Michigan over 7 pounds, a grand target I know.

I will stick to all the technical and post a picture on the gallery, soon as I get a chance for bragging...

First design was way over budget, so working with Caney Creek (Jason) we came up with a design that was reasonable.

That ended up a 6.75 inch tube jig. Jason and I went back and forth on the design and cost for some time.

Finally I got a design within my budget.

In order to get the mold withing my budget, I agreed that Caney Creek can sell the mold what ever. I just wanted my mold to be the first on the lake with this new 6.75" tube worm this spring.

I support American companies and have enough ideas sitting on the self, not doing any one any good.

Jason wondered if such a long tube would even pour (very important technical aspect here), it did.

Then Jason requested to make a few lures as he did not want to sell molds where the lure does not work.

I was footing the bill for what I wanted and it would be a month before I could hit the water here, besides I like to share information.

The field test (another important technical aspect)

I received an email with pictures of the poured tube worm and Jason was going to water them.

One day passed and he sent me the link to the You Tube video (not mentioned here that would be bragging).

So on one trip out the lure performed really good (this is important in technical development of prototypes)

From a technical perspective, I have watched fishing shows and infomercials (for lures) and know it took days to weeks to film by looking at the sky, shore, etc.

I can document this was a one-day test.

The real technical perspective of this is how I took my concept to a mold maker and was able to get it within my budget.

PS I have tried to respond to personal messages and add a couple of friends I thought were interesting but still working on it (computer challanged)

Best Regards

Good Fishing

Mark

To be honest, I thought a tube worms would be funny! After watching the video, I stand corrected for sure. The fish caught was 6+ no doubt.

The bait looks good and I am sure the fish down here have seen nothing like that!

I had to catch myself before I ordered a mold as the thing looks that good and I am not an impulse buyer like my wife... LOL!!!!

I will be interested in buying a few bags when these are available!

Jim

PS Mark.... I have a 6.3 from Northern WI and many 5+ from up that way but nothing in the 7 range! Good luck with your "hunt".

Okay... I'm from Michigan too... We have 7 lb bass, largemouth that is? I didn't know we did.

Where are they? I must know!!!! I'm waving my watch. You are getting sleepy and going to tell me.

We had a 7.5 weighed in last year. in mid michigan.. some of us have fished the lake

since the 70s and its the biggest we have seen..til then a 6.65 was big bass for the year.

and that was a pig for mid michigan inland lakes.

also,

I checked and the Doozie stick tubes are only 5.5"

I can"t wait to see them. Do you have a special tube jig head too ? Are they nose weighted?

Working on a special tube jig head as well, Have the POP molds ready looking for my old spinner wire. Like the standard internal weighted lead on the hook except where the hook I am going to use a wire on the lead.

Then use a split ring to attach a 5/0 hook. both loop ends are pushed from inside to the outside for rigging.

This is so I can vary the sink rates.

e.g. If the pattern dictates that the bigger bass are at 12 feet I want a lure that gets to 12 feet at a count of 6.

The jointed design is so when big mamma starts shaking her head it drives the hook in even deeper.

It is well known that current tube to hook configurations lose at least 25% of the attempted hook ups.

Regards

Mark

Okay... I'm from Michigan too... We have 7 lb bass, largemouth that is? I didn't know we did.

Where are they? I must know!!!! I'm waving my watch. You are getting sleepy and going to tell me.

Mid Michigan range, has the best bass lake structure. Researched the lake where the Michigan state record was caught. figured in that with the altitude of the lakes Pinckney area is a close match and not a bad drive.

Matteson Lake near Coldwater it too small for tournaments, so a few 6 pounders come out of there over the years.

Buck Perry said "the bass are in the shallow, in the deep or somewhere inbetween".

In the Pinkney area I caught 28 bass in 2.5 hours (all 3 to 4 pounds), and they were not boiling. Everyone was shore pounding (fishing no deeper than 5 feet) and I was tube fishing with a count down of 8. Sink rate the tube as weighted sinks 1 foot per my count.

Cast, count to 8 and pull for a set, was the pattern that day.

From 1-8 feet color helps after 8 feet red and it must be fluorescent in black.

Then taste: Salt is a meduim for a neurotransmitter. I am woking on some amino acid combination and neurotransmitter. So when big mamma bits she really thinks its dinner.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mark

UV is is also critical now as I will be fishing in the 8-15 foot range, for big mamma.

Hope this helps

Mark

Mid Michigan range, has the best bass lake structure. Researched the lake where the Michigan state record was caught. figured in that with the altitude of the lakes Pinckney area is a close match and not a bad drive.

Matteson Lake near Coldwater it too small for tournaments, so a few 6 pounders come out of there over the years.

Buck Perry said "the bass are in the shallow, in the deep or somewhere inbetween".

In the Pinkney area I caught 28 bass in 2.5 hours (all 3 to 4 pounds), and they were not boiling. Everyone was shore pounding (fishing no deeper than 5 feet) and I was tube fishing with a count down of 8. Sink rate the tube as weighted sinks 1 foot per my count.

Cast, count to 8 and pull for a set, was the pattern that day.

From 1-8 feet color helps after 8 feet red and it must be fluorescent in black.

Then taste: Salt is a meduim for a neurotransmitter. I am woking on some amino acid combination and neurotransmitter. So when big mamma bits she really thinks its dinner.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mark

UV is is also critical now as I will be fishing in the 8-15 foot range, for big mamma.

Hope this helps

Mark

Pinckney, MI is where I live and within a 20 minute radius I know of at least 5 lakes that can/have produced heavyweight 6+ pound fish. To be honest, for inland fishing the Pinckney area is one of the true gems of the state. It's an amazing area for sure....

A very interesting bait!!

Yes Jason does a good about turning dreams into reality, he did that with carrot idea that I came up with.

Ted

Once you come up with the inside diameter of the tube,you might consider using a wood dowel that fits inside with a hole drilled into it to make the weight you want when you pour the lead directly into the dowel.Easy to make a weight of the head that you want.I bent stanless steel wire that was placed into a small hole drilled,this wire had a eye formed for the line tie,this wire went thru where the lead will be,and on to a large hook.I used this method for very large tubes,that needed to be heavy.Sounds harder to do than it is.