hollywood hooksett

Income

Exactly. It also depends on your market and what you are suppling to that market. Also; how much time you are willing(or you wife is willing) to allow for pouring and computer work.

www.novalures.com

I make about $50 a month after taxes and everything.. but I dont have a website.

I make about $50 a month after taxes and everything.. but I dont have a website.

If you are thinking about a start up business, selling plastics you make?

You must take into consideration all that entails.

Will you be buying all your supplies in bulk? (Glitter, Color, plastic)

How much money do you have to invest? (5,000, 10,000) More is better?

Are you legal with the tax laws?

Are you selling under the table?

Are you buying others, molds?

Are you going to design and have your own custom designed molds made?

Have you check with the local tackle sops, to see if they might buy and sell your products?

Have you really checked into the cost per plastic lure? (Your Cost to Manufacturer)

How much profit and loss are you willing to stand? (Tuff Economy Now)

Are your plastics going to go into custom labels with Barcodes?

Are you going to do your own taxes? or hire a CPA?

Figure this out and then you can ask yourself, is this the time to do a startup pouring plastics for sale business.?

BBK 50 a month, i would guess your doing it for fun, cause that's not very good. i'm actuall looking into investing in the bear's machine to mass produce..

if you are looking into mass production you better call Zorn and look into their machines.

single colours from what i can gather you can produce just as much hand injecting compared to Bears machine. it is designed to use their current hand injection molds, and i have even heard bear state that it was designed for the hobbiest. best bet is to call both bear and zorn and discuss your needs.

another question, i got to stores that want product..not sure if they want to but should a commision based sale be the way to go..in ther words set up a display and whatever sells they pay the agreed price and make there percentage

no. they buy up front at a discounted wholesale price(usually 35%-40% off retail). when i deliver baits i either walk out of the store with cash/cheque or baits.

i just like that setup from bear..then you can keep plastic in different pots till u need to use it..cause of the heat exchangers.so much faster than hand injecting..and it's good for the one man operation..i mean i have allday to do this..

If you are series about getting into the business. And if you buy Bear`s injection machine for Laminates.

I will contract with you for 1000 baits per month, that is just to start.

i just like that setup from bear..then you can keep plastic in different pots till u need to use it..cause of the heat exchangers.so much faster than hand injecting..and it's good for the one man operation..i mean i have allday to do this..

as with any injection machine set up for mass producing soft plastics the colors are all kept seperate just usually in the drum meaning this drum, is this color and that drum is that color and so on. as for mass producing laminate baits if you are talking 1 man retired you are probably looking at something in the neighborhood of 2000 baits a day at roughly .30 a piece equals 600.00 minus what you spent in suppliesand utilities. now this is just an estimate. some people are faster than others and some are more artistic which one do you want to be? i prefer a broad line somewhere towards the middle lots and lots of quality solid and laminate baits. we got an estimate from zorn for an injection machine this month because we have several different mold makers molds and want to keep it that way as they all have great designs some its hard to get on the phone if you have troubles 1 is easily reached and that matters alot when you have 12-14K invested in molds, supplies and other equipment. i say if you want to jump in feet first and dont look back and make the best bait you can!!

• Like 1