Vodkaman

2011 Missouri Meet

Jerry. I enjoyed looking in on the video feed and seeing all the guys and gals. I just wish I could have been there, but until someone gives me a lot of money, that is just not going to happen.

Unfortunately, I missed the tutorial contributions, for reasons that I am too embarrassed to go into. If they are anything like last years, they will be well worth watching and from what I saw, this years contributions are up there too. It seems like you guys save this stuff up for the meet, :lol:

Please let us know when and where the vid tut's are posted. I am trying not to rush you, as I am sure you are busy after the meet and maybe need a little relax time, but don't take too long :rolleyes: Thanks again to everyone that took part.

Maybe this post should be in the events forum, but I wanted the other members to see what they missed.

Dave

Dave,

I'm sorry that you couldn't join us. We had a great time, as usual. We got to see old friends that we hadn't seen for a while and got to meet some new ones. Tony Brinlee (aka tbrinlee) made the trip from Dallas. Jason (I'm sorry but I don't remember his last name) (aka Icemann) came in from Kansas City and showed us a few card tricks. Mike (from Shorty's Hooks) (aka Capt Hook) is a local guy. All of them are really nice guys and fit in with the rest of us like they have known us for years.

It's still amazes me that Pete (Hazmail) comes all the way from Austrailia to join us.

We tested a couple of new top coats that look promising.One of which is a "green" top coat.

We traded lures around. I picked up some really nice baits that would look good in pictures but you really have to see them to appreciate them.

I want to add that I would to thank Nathan and Deb Bettencourt for hosting the event at their place again. I know it's a big expense and a lot of work for them to do this. It's always a great time but it's also a hugh disruption in their lives.

Gene

Deb. and I would like to thank everyone for making this years get together another great success!! None of this would be possible without your generosity. Gene,Linda,Coley,Charlie,David,Pat ,Don and Jerry a special thank you goes out to you guys for all that you did and gave.

We had 3 new faces this year,Iccemann,Tbrinlee and Capthook..I hope you guys enjoyed your selves as much as we enjoyed having you here.To those of you who couldn't make it ,I'll say you missed ALOT!.

To stand in a room with so many talented and gifted people all at one time just blows ones mind..The ideas and creativity that goes on at one of these is just amazing.I can't even put into words all that I learned,and Ideas that it spawns.From edible soft platic recipes to making a mold with corn starch and silicone too a hundred other things you pick up in conversations.

I'll give a word of advice to anyone wanting to host one of these..This is a lure building thing..Not a fishing thing.Don't argue about what lake your going to fish at..Don't fish at all....Just get a group of lure builders together and stand back and see what happens..Don't worry about a set in stone agenda..just let the event go where it takes you!

Take care and we love all you guys..Nate & Deb...

WOW, TU get-together this year was one of the best I have been to. So much knowledge

was shared as I am sure some of you will see later. Meeting some new faces, Jason's

card tricks were unreal.

Deb and Nate were as always, were outstanding hosts. Some of the dips

are hard to believe, I am sure we all put on a pound or two.

All meals were terrific.

Looking forward to the next one, regardless of where it is.

Coley

A big thank you to Nathan and Debbie for their great hospitality.I can't quite get my head wrapped around everything i saw.

Going green is not such a bad thing,because if you don't catch any fish at least you can eat your bait.Who would think jello worms?

I was very pleased to meet Hasmail and his son from Australia.Gene,Coley,Charlie,KC,i was very pleased to get to see all of you

guys again.Charlie you about worked me to death.It's a little early to be going swimming,but i sure appreciate the Bettencourts

son in law retreving my top water wake bait.For the new guys i that met that i can't quite remember their names.It was nice meeting you all.

To the owner of the TU site.I had a very very good time,and I am already looking forward to next year where ever it might be.The new

top couts is very interesting.Thanks a lot guys.Don,dminkler65.

Hi fellas

Somewhat belated but many thanks for the box of goodies you sent me and I now wear my new t shirt with pride. Pete came and visited me here in the UK after the meet so I got a first hand account of what went on.

Thanks again

Phil

p.s. Why not come and say hello here http://eurolures.co.uk/yabb/YaBB.pl I'm always there smile.gif