Guest Gangel

Odd, Hoping This Opens A Discussion.

Guest Gangel

Went to everyones favorite big box retailer today. Saw they have a new "shipper" supplier. For those of you unaware what a shipper is, it's that big cardboard thing in the middle of the aisle on a pallet. Comes from the "factory" like that... or whoever "builds" it. Gets to the store, they take the outside wrapper off, put it on the floor. I first paid attention last year, not sure if last year was the first year or not. This years vendor is different. And they cut some prices hard, in my opinion. One dollar for for painted hair body jigs. Impossible price. There were some other things on there, all for a buck. Now, I know quality isn't there. But I do know of guys looking for super cheap jigs, because of the abuse they take. Along with the other equipment. I did also notice that last year they switched out their bobber supplier. I'm almost willing to bet that the new bobbers are just bulk bought from the same company we all know and love for bobbers. My observation/question is, Are these vendors backing out on their own after one year, getting kicked out, or being outbid? The new "shipper" vendor this year just started up a year ago. This is a lot of eggs in one basket, from what I've found on the internet for this company. If this question/topic is over the line on what we "should" talk about here, feel free to pull it. I don't mind.

Guest Gangel

I understand the bid process but I also know tphat once people get into bed with this "retailer" that they regret it. Makes one wonder if last years supplier didn't even bid.

Guest Gangel

I see they sell at the particular retailer I'm thinking of, but they didn't have the el cheapo shipper setups in the "action alley".