bass01

Removing Collar Of Jig Mold

I have JB in a jig mold that I modified and got drilled too deep. It has been there for over 10 years and thousands of jigs have since been poured through that mold.

I have one mold that I don't like the collar on but cast then take the lead off the hook shank. I cut it with gate cutters, flaten it with pliers then twist it off. That way I still have the collar if and when I want it.

Yes JB weld will hold for many pours. The only problem is if you need to take it out, you will damage the mold especially in small crevices, because you can't get J B mold out cleanly. If you want to use the mold as a two part mold, better to fill the portion you don't want with high temp silicone. JMO

You just need the kind that does not harden. You should be able to find it in any craft store. We always used it in grade school. I use it anywhere I have made modifications in a mold to eliminate any flash. It seems as it heats up it becomes slightly stiffer but never hard.