ROWINGADUBAY

Bass Style Spinnerbaits For Walleye

I have been doing some reading about some pro fisherman trolling bass style spinnerbaits using lead core line for walleyes there has been some talk about coming up with a technique specific spinnerbait for this type of fishing you can read more about this in this link http://www.thenextbite.tv/forum/walleye-general-discussion/spinner-me-timbers-winning-walleyes-lake-oahe

The fishermen that have been using this have been targeting deep submerged tree tops..Some where I read that these guys went through a $1,400.00 supply of spinnerbaits to win the tournament.

Although I am nowhere near to a pro or tournament angler I think this setup would work great for all types of fish in stump filled reservoirs of the wisconsin river or any similar situation.

If I where to make a spinnerbait for this type of fishing I would start with a light wire hook so it could be straightened out of a snag and a 1 oz. head designed similiar to the wedged shape of a JOE BUCHER SLOPMASTER Spinnerbait. I would add either one or two  willow leaf blades on a heavy .051 wire shaft. and play with the arm length until I have it right. I was also thinking of adding two small wires coming out of the head like barbells on a catfish so when the bait hits a stick it would kick the hook in the oppisite direction

My question is if you where to make a walleye troliing bent arm spinnerbait what would you do to it?