ksbass

Liquid Paint

Yes, I have used a high gloss clear along with a  satin clear to soften or dull a shiny powdered jig. They both work really well on a plain jig. If you put 2d or 3d eyes on and then clearcoat with a powder and then bake, the 3d eyes will melt. The 2d eyes fair better, but they too have a tendency to curl or sink into the paint. So in another words you cannot powder clear coat a jig with 2d/3d eyes, because the clearcoat must be baked on for a durable finish. If anyone has a better way to do this with 2d and 3d eyes and a powder clearcoat please let me know. 

Ahhh!- The caveats associated w/ powder painting. It has been my experience that 2d and 3d eyes do not stick well to a powder painted item w/o the use of a gel cynoacrilate glue. I say gel because others run too much and it's very easy to glue your finger to the lead.You can make your own 3 color eyes doting them w/ various sizes of paint brush tips. CI vinyl or water base paint works well. I do not put eyes on jigs since experience has taught me they're completely un-necessary and do not increase the bite ratio

I do not use powder paint on any buzz-baits ,spinner-baits and/or top-water plugs. Component Systems water base paint applied w/ an air brush ,then 3-d eyes followed by CI's water base epoxy. Buzz-baits will require the paint brush,eye doting system since the narrow sides will not accomodate 3 d eyes- epoxy coat afterwards.

Now here's trick for you- apply a coat of Sally Hanson's Hard as Nails over the eyes you use over your powder paint jobs. No need to cure in the oven- saves time and electric bill money :oooh:

BTW- I do not care for the longivity /durability of CI's seal coat- 2 part epoxy for me only!