Tony P

Do You Sell Your Creations?

Not usually like other have said to avoid the red tape and I don't need/want a second job.

I have been talked into selling a handfull in a one time only deal another oudoor forum I am on just because people really liked my stuff and were asking me to sell them some.

I do enjoy making them and can easily make lots more than I can use. I figure if I sell a few off the record every now and then just to cover costs for coworkers and friends then I can buy for a new mold or more supplies with the money.

A full time business? No way not for me. I need my fishing time!

I don't sell , simply because I don't think , that anybody would be willing to pay a fair price for the effort I'm putting into my humble creations .

Otherwise I'd fully second Ben's statement made above(post #5) .

............but I also say "never say never" , ....if I was forced to add to a living some day , who knows ..... :? ???

Cheers , diemai :yay:

I thought about selling lures because I was making too many to fish or give away.  Then I thought about it.  If your labor is worth money, how much should you charge?  The rate you were making before your retired?  If so, my lure would be priced at $200+ each!  I decided I'd rather just give them away rather than devalue my labor by selling them for a price anyone might actually want to pay.

• Like 2