gotemcustombaits

New To The Forums

@ gotemcustombaits

Welcome to the TackleUnderground , hope you'd enjoy yourself in here .

Can't tell about fins , but many swimbait builders utilize interconnected screweyes or screweyes and pins or interconnected wire forms to join the sections of their swimbaits .

Almost impossible to find ready made hinges , as  the ones available are most likely too large and heavy for lures , .....smaller ones available would not be rustproof or simply not hold up against fighting fish .

Regarding swimbait hinges there have been some discussions in here through the past years , ....I can only remember about one type of hinge , that someone had installed into a PVC swimbait , which he had purchased from a boat parts supplier , if my memory serves me right .

I had even tried to make my own hinges out of stainless steel sheet and brass pins , but the working effort turned out to be too much , also they were quite heavy .

Greetz , diemai :yay:

Welcome to Tu Gotem. There are numerous posts about swimbait hinges as well as different materials for making fins. Dieter has already mentioned the most utilized hinges. As far as fins there are threads on everything from hard plastic fins to animal fur. The search feature is a valuable tool and can be your best friend when searching for answers. Anything you can't find just holler and there are numerous people who will do their best to help.

Ben