JJK

Wire For Tying Jigs

Check hobby lobby in the wire wrapping section, should be all the colors you are looking for. If hobby lobby is not available to you, check out any craft store and look for the jewelry making section...should have wire wrapping supplies which include several different colors of wire.

I use thread mostly, but I have used the copper wiring from around the motor of a dead dishwasher.  Depending on how you want to look at it, the wire cost me nothing but a little time to unwrap it, or it cost me about $300 to replace the dishwasher.

Like most things, perspective equals opinion...I like free 

Do you think using copper wire gives off a slight electrical current when it "reacts" with impurities in the water?

That would probably be a good thing, since all living creatures have electrical currents in them.

I use permanent magnets siliconed along the inside of my gunwales to hold hooks and jigs on the water, and they wind up with a small magnetic charge.  I used to worry about that, but it doesn't seem to bother the fish any.

Mark

That's interesting I do know that most of my

Fishing these days is done in current in rivers

Here In the south east and that some of my beat

Place are we're power lines cross the river and

There is know dout in my mind it has something to do with it

Thanks Jamie

Also that's for the magnet trick I going to put some in my jet boat

A little off topic but, you can check for electrical current with a basic ohm meter. Different currents can attract or repel fish. Google fishing with black box and you will get a bunch of info on this. It will tell you how to test what your boat is reading. They make the black box for correcting the current to the optimum for specific fish. I don't describe it very well but if curious about this just google "fishing with black box" The black box is made by pro troll if I remember correctly. The voltage your boat is putting off is often the reason for one boat doing so much better then another that is fishing the same gear in the same area with big difference in hook ups. I am not sure if it pertains to both fresh and salt water but I know for sure it makes a difference in salt water.

Worth checking into.

EDIT

I quoted Mark Poulson but it did not show up on this post????? anyways my post is in regards to Marks post asking about the copper wire and possible electrical current.

Edited by goodtimesfishing