aydensdad82

What Paint Colors Should I Start With?

Ok I have built a number of balsa cranks (water tested) but they have been sitting here waiting for me to get an airbrush setup. That day has come. I have picked up some opaque black and white locally. They had tons of other colors and finish types but I felt like the day I turned 18 and got my first legal look at the adult magazine section. I would like a spring red craw pattern and something citrusy for now. So my question is what colors do I start with?

Thanks guys

Createx opaque red and Createx Neon Yellow would be my basic colors for those patterns.  Use the black for the craw details and back.  Black is also a classic back color on yellow baits but there are others like Caribbean Blue or Green.  The standard Citrus Shad pattern uses Aquamarine, which is also available in Createx.  If you want to dull down the red, mix in a little brown.  If you want more of a Rayburn Red, which has more orange hue than red - squirt in some orange.   

Test spray some light coats of basic colors, one on top of the other, to get different shades of colors.

Like a light coat of blue, and then top that with yellow, to get greens.  What shade you get depends on how much of each color you use.

I use mostly transparent colors, but I buy Apple Barrel Moss Green, and thin it, as a base for my green pumpkin colors for trout bait backs and shoulders.

Edited by mark poulson