texacan84

What To Do

I have been making plastic baits for almost 2 years now. I have never used salt or an attractant in my plastic. However I do use an oil based attractant by putting a couple of squirts inside the plastic bag I put the baits in and kinda massage the baits with the attractant. Since I have never put anything in the plastic while it's cooking, I'm considering putting salt or the oil attractant in it. What should I use and how much and what are the advantages to using it cooked in the plastic? Anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks....

Yep what jigman said and the scent is cooked in just remember that depending on how much you add will soften the plastic but if done right you can probably offset this condition since salt tends to stiffen a bait. You can leave the salt bigger thus giving a more translucent bait but stirring will need to be constant or it will fall out of solution. Do a search for Senko recipes there is a standard formula that is a good starting point, as far as how much scent that's really dependent on alott of factor's so there's no real number I just squirt a good amount in before heating and stir.