joetheplumber

Strike King Glitter?

Anybody know where I can get the really fine glitter that's on the Strike King Red Eye Shad in the chartreuse sexy shad color. I have some that same golden color but the factory stuff is more like dust it's so fine. I can't seem to find any that small. Thanks for the help..... Joe

I don't know what glitter is on that bait but u can get cosmetic grade stuff for much cheaper than paint with pearl. Same stuff pretty much too. One place i like to use is coastal scents. Mica is generally the size of pearl so you probably want glitter. Type either of those in the search. Just FYI Mica Powder is very small I don't think you will like it. You probably want glitter size .008

10171230_222197874637092_580622595_n.jpg

Ive developed my own system posted her on my Grampa Joe's Baby Needle

after you let your air brush work dry, get yourself a cheap walmart craft paint .. white with micro glitter, and apply it with a wet rag.. Go heavy when it dries it dries clear and the only thing you can see is the sparkle finish.. Ive yet to see a more realistic scale shimmer.. Hope that helps , ive seen some really crappy glitter jobs when guys try to mix it themselves,

The best looking stuff I have come across is the House of Kolor stuff, it isn't cheap by any means but it couldn't be any finer and it pops like crazy, sprays right through my airbrush mixed in the clear.

yeah i love auto paint on plugs, till it hits your lungs .. the house stuff is insane but like you said, probably not worth the cost unless your painting for a non fished collection ..

I don't know what glitter is on that bait but u can get cosmetic grade stuff for much cheaper than paint with pearl. Same stuff pretty much too. One place i like to use is coastal scents. Mica is generally the size of pearl so you probably want glitter. Type either of those in the search. Just FYI Mica Powder is very small I don't think you will like it. You probably want glitter size .008

walmart sells a cheap pearl hobby paint for 78 cents, lol.. its hard to beat, its so thin you need to shoot it as a top coat just for the glitter, your color under will not be effected.  But it looks nice.

yeah i love auto paint on plugs, till it hits your lungs .. the house stuff is insane but like you said, probably not worth the cost unless your painting for a non fished collection ..

I  have been fortunate that I  know guys in the custom paint business, I generally end up with the left overs and thats fine with me, keeps my costs to almost nil but breathing any of this stuff isnt at all recommended! No fairgrounds queens in anything I  paint I  just prefer the control, the hardness and the overall look of automotive urethanes...but unless ya got guys giving you stuff like i do you would most definately have the most expensive paintjobs around.