Fishhead15

Dick Nite S81

I have a couple questions about dick nite's s81 mcu.  I have been playing around with different clear coats.  I am trying to find something that will work on soft plastic, the tail section of a BBZ-1 jr specifically.  Nothing I have tried adheres well to the plastic, nor does it retain the flexibility.  I saw on another forum that s81 works for this, but the price has kept me from getting any.

So, I am wondering how far the 2 oz bottle will go? 

Do you spray it on through your airbrush, or can it be brushed on or dipped?

thanks

Eric

Any of the top coats we use for hard baits, including DN, is going to cure far too hard to allow any movement of soft plastic. If you've gone to all the trouble of building a lure to accept a soft plastic tail, or bought one designed this way, then you must certainly expect the tail to move in a swimming fashion. Otherwise you would have built, or bought, a hard tailed bait to begin with.

If your painting the tails, or adding markings to them, then the only way I've heard of to protect it is to dip it in clear plastic. If your concern is having to purchase replacement tails because they're getting torn up then just be happy your catching that many fish.

Ben