Dinkerblue

Still Having This Problem Many Bubbles In The Melted Plastic

Well I am really trying not to get frustrated by this I recently posted this question to the forum regarding this problem that I was having I thought it was because I was melting down old soft baits but this is confusing? I opened new gallon of med plastisol.that I recently purchase and I poured out about a cup full I did not mix the gallon before I poured. It into the Pyrex cup.I placed pyrex into cup in microwave I gradually heated it up so it went from milk to clear then I started to mix it up I had not put anything into the melted plastisol I was using wooden chopsticks to mix it with then all these bubbles appeared as I was mixing and the baits were really soft and this formula is med maybe im not mixing it up or heating it up enough its consistency when I pour is like syrup. I then switched to using a metal screwdriver to mix the plastic heated it up and still many bubbles.

WTF! need your help and advice please keep on the subject that I am discussing.Thanks

Bears is Calhoun plastic which I use and get no bubbles.

First off the plastic will seperate to the bottom of jug/container which is more white in color. Softener will stay at the top which is more yellow. This jug must be mixed well before pouring into pyrex or you will get mostly softener and baits will be soft and sticky.

Second are you getting micro bubbles in the plastic or voids/pockets of air in the mold/baits?

Are you adding salt?

Which mold?

Hang in there we will figure it out.

Edited by MonteSS

Well I am really trying not to get frustrated by this I recently posted this question to the forum regarding this problem that I was having I thought it was because I was melting down old soft baits but this is confusing? I opened new gallon of med plastisol.that I recently purchase and I poured out about a cup full I did not mix the gallon before I poured. It into the Pyrex cup.I placed pyrex into cup in microwave I gradually heated it up so it went from milk to clear then I started to mix it up I had not put anything into the melted plastisol I was using wooden chopsticks to mix it with then all these bubbles appeared as I was mixing and the baits were really soft and this formula is med maybe im not mixing it up or heating it up enough its consistency when I pour is like syrup. I then switched to using a metal screwdriver to mix the plastic heated it up and still many bubbles.

WTF! need your help and advice please keep on the subject that I am discussing.Thanks

I use bears never had a micro bubble , plastic works good for me.little smokey ....I shake the crap out of it upside down to get all the white off the bottom..i use a butter knife to mix with ..never any wood ..wood has water in it.that little bit with the heat will cause bubbles..or use a tea spoon...I think getting a way from the wood a good mix will fix things for you...also mix after I first heat and all in between.add color last.

Funny thing is when I first started pouring I used chopsticks also. Got them from the dollar store, well for a dollar. Stopped using them because they will hold water if the humidity is high. Got some metal rods from Ace Hardware. No more bubbles. That and I use MF which only needs a little shake to mix. Has almost no bubbles at all. I use a microwave  and heat for 30 sec. then stir so on and so on until it's clear and them pour

Here we go again I don't mean to sound like im MR (Mentally RETARD) you know what I mean. Today again I got out the big plastic container 2.5 gallon of plastisol Med and i shook it up vigrously and upside down continuously mixed it for 5 minutes while cap closed. Open it up and poured out a cup full I still continued mixing as I Started heating it up and same problem.Well I have taken everyone's advice and still have micro bubbles when I heat it up and mix the plastisol

I have even got in touch with the manufacturer regarding this problem they also suggest to really mix the plastisol

I have pictures of the different stages when this problem is occurring but Im unable to post the pictures. This is very very fustrating.the baits keep comming out (Just like several members said) really sticky and very soft I added glitter and later some color but still baits are like soft and sticky.

so how long must I mix this plastisol? In the past I have used other types of plastisol and have never have

had this problem I did not add any salt or the weather here is around 80 degrees. Maybe this batch

that I was given is bad I don't know what else to try. Sorry WTF !!!Got my hands up in the air

i did not use an injector im doing open pour into aluminium molds.I mixed plastisol with metal screwdriver.

Here we go again I don't mean to sound like im MR (Mentally RETARD) you know what I mean. Today again I got out the big plastic container 2.5 gallon of plastisol Med and i shook it up vigrously and upside down continuously mixed it for 5 minutes while cap closed. Open it up and poured out a cup full I still continued mixing as I Started heating it up and same problem.Well I have taken everyone's advice and still have micro bubbles when I heat it up and mix the plastisol

I have even got in touch with the manufacturer regarding this problem they also suggest to really mix the plastisol

I have pictures of the different stages when this problem is occurring but Im unable to post the pictures. This is very very fustrating.the baits keep comming out (Just like several members said) really sticky and very soft I added glitter and later some color but still baits are like soft and sticky.

so how long must I mix this plastisol? In the past I have used other types of plastisol and have never have

had this problem I did not add any salt or the weather here is around 80 degrees. Maybe this batch

that I was given is bad I don't know what else to try. Sorry WTF !!!Got my hands up in the air

i did not use an injector im doing open pour into aluminium molds.I mixed plastisol with metal screwdriver.

Try this for 16oz of plastisol but first wipe out the inside of your microwave to remove any moisture.

Heat for 2 minutes on high-stir

Heat for 1 minute on high -stir

Heat for 1 minutes on heat setting 5 and stir

Heat on heat setting 4 @ 1 minute intervals and stir in between

Scoop off the foam/bubbles- save in a different container- re-heat and see what happens.

Some plastisols foam/bubble more then others. You may be overheating your plastisol. A presto pot w/ stirrer will end your problems but you have to be willing to spend the money for one.

Have you talked w/ Bear and explained the problem to him? I never experience foaming w/ Calhouns- just an amber color change which is completely unsatisfactory when dealing w/ white/pearl colors.