Bass-Boys

Heating To 350

I'll chime in here since I stated 350 in another thread and maybe should elaborate a bit....

First - I agree - if you have a process down and everything is working well like most in this thread have chimed in and said - then no need to change and hit a specific temp or whatever.  But if you are a hobbist like myself - who uses cups and a micro most of the time and tends to pour a bunch in the late winter and then when I run out of something over the next few months it can help.  I personally just don't get that feel for just right unless I've been pouring a bunch and I've found hitting a temp (for me 350) and using a digital thermo has eliminated a few variables and I've had better/more consistent results in doing so.    

I'd also assume that different brands and chemical of plastisol composition may effect the temps you need to hit to kick it over - but from most of my searching around - 350 seemed to be suggested often to insure they have "kicked over".  With that being said - I don't keep my plastic at steady 350 or add glitter at that temp - I usually hit  350 - stir and then by the time I'm ready to shoot it's cooled down to the 330 range.  Then I'm pouring and re-heating the stuff to stay between 300 and 325 - sometimes a little less or a little more depending on the bait.  If I am just melting down baits I've already made - I don't bother hitting 350 either - as it's already kicked - so I get them melted and just go.

Hope this helps....

J.