spoonpluggergino

Mghty Mite Saw

I looked all over trying to find a small saw like 4 inch blade, After I done an extensive search all the little saw all have bad reviews, I ended up canceling my order for the Hobby Craft saw that has all bad reviews. I cut all my lip slots with my band saw and it works fine but I wanted something else to do it, plus other small cuts which I think it's a lot easier with a small table saw. My solution I have a Ryobi batteries saw and plus I just made a small table which along the two 6 inch board has a slot and the blade fit in there just right , the blade sticks out 3/4 inches that is plenty for my work. I mounted the saw under the table lined up the blade, pretty much se to go, tomorrow I will build the fence and I will have my small table saw. The saw blade is only 5 inches. There is a 4 inch saw but the price is almost 400.00 and I doubt very much that would cut 3/4 wood

Gino

Gino,

This is how Gene ( Lincoya) taught me to cut perfect slots every time...Use your band saw or scroll saw to make the initial cut then use a hand rotary tool with a Diamond bit (1/8 or -1/16th depending on lip thickness) and follow the precut slot.Cut from the bottom to the top instead of side to side initially to keep from chipping out the slot...Nathan

Gino--I made pretty much exactly what you describe quite a few years back (just added a 18V Ryobi last month) --For many years I had been using a home made spring steel blade but recently I have been using a 85mm x 2.0 x 24T and a 76mm x1.5 x 24T blade (both tungsten T), both blades cost about $20 ea and the saw drives them through hardwood no problem--

If we can get these here, they must be over there somewhere?? :?

Pete

• Like 1

Hi Gino-- yes they both have a 10mm arbor--You should be able to get the  76mm (3") @ Lowes as that's where I bought mine, except they have a different name here (Masters) the blade brand is called "Worx" handy cut--The larger 80mm x 36T (3 3/8") can be bought at "Proxxon" where they have a few different tungsten and fine spring steel blades, these are pretty good quality tools-

There is an outlet in the U.S --Google  "http://www.Proxxon.com"  (German company I think)  then search "saw blades", there is quite a few if you scroll through.

I don't know what's going on with this site but I can't attach anything like we used to - addresses Or pictures, very odd ! ! ! ! ? ? ?

Pete

I adapted a hand held jigsaw into a framed box. I used it for cutting my polycarbonate lips. Not as good as a bandsaw, but the same mode of operation. There is vibration, but a firm grip on your workpiece and it works just fine.

iso finished.jpg

The secret is to remove the blade steady mechanism and mount it to the framed box, see below.

close up finished.jpgclose up.jpg

You can see it in operation from

Dave

iso finished.jpg

close up finished.jpg

close up.jpg

iso finished.jpg

close up finished.jpg

close up.jpg

iso finished.jpg

close up finished.jpg

close up.jpg