Blacklabelsociety

Airbrush And Compressor Help Please

Im not one to post very much and Tackle Underground has been a blessing with getting me started making crankbaits. I finally built some cranks and sealed them and I got my New Iwata Neo out and my compressor to start doing some practice painting only to find out that the hose that I have doesn't fit the compressor or the brush. Now Im stuck. From research I believe the hose is for a paasche and the compressor male end measures a 1/4. Can I buy adaptors for this issue.

I would call Iwata and see if they have an adapter, every time I've had an issue they've been very quick about helping me out. I will say however be very careful with the Neo, I went through 3 of them in 6 months. They seem to be very touchy. Keep that baby clean as a whistle and handle that nozzle like a newborn. However Iwata was very helpful and kept sending me new Neo's every time mine broke.

Yes you can buy an adapter.  I got mine from Dixie Art supply in New Orleans, you might also look at Coast Aribrush supply.  I bought an adapter for my Paasche hose to fit my Iwata Revolution airbrush.  Not a big deal buying an Iwata hose, but they are several times the cost of an adapter and I like the Paasche hose just fine. 

If you have problems spraying don't get discouraged the NEO is very finicky even with different colors in the same paint line get a revolution or a eclipse and have at it much better brushes. Don't get me wrong I also started with a NEO but the performance and quality of the finished product was out of the park when I moved up so it helps during the learning curve.

I thought I was buying a decent brush when I purchased the Neo. Im not wanting to paint all kinds of fine lines and designs at first. I wisk I would have spent the extra $20 or $30 to buy a eclipse. I believe Im going to buy the iwata hose at Hobby Lobby. Its 10ft for $27. Its pricey but I dont want to wait anymore. As for the compressor Im going to tey to find an adaptor. I measured a 1/4 male on my compressor.

I thought I was buying a decent brush when I purchased the Neo. Im not wanting to paint all kinds of fine lines and designs at first. I wisk I would have spent the extra $20 or $30 to buy a eclipse. I believe Im going to buy the iwata hose at Hobby Lobby. Its 10ft for $27. Its pricey but I dont want to wait anymore. As for the compressor Im going to tey to find an adaptor. I measured a 1/4 male on my compressor.

So did I when I first started out, and honestly it was ok to learn with for about a month or two. After that I needed a new one because the nozzle cracked. Then the second one refused to even spray water properly. 3rd one the nozzle cracked on me again. You need to thin your paint A LOT to get the NEO to work well for you. The airbrush will work, don't get me wrong, but you'll probably spend more time fixing it and cleaning it then painting baits. Just my two cents, I personally would never recommend the NEO for anyone wanting to paint lures to sell.

• Like 1

Well I purchased a Iwata Hose and it had the correct fitting on the airbrush side. I also purchased fittings for the compressor. Si I hope Im ready to practice a little. Im going to use hydromist lacquer paint. I read every review I possibly could and it has mixed reviews. Some said it was the best brush they had ever had and some said they had problems. I appreciate all the replys.