JPond210

Airbrush Kit

Have heard that Paasche was a decent airbrush, it comes with everything you need and the price is good. Have never tried that make myself as I use a Badger but that sure does not make me an authority. I'd probably get that myself if I was just starting out. 

There are others whom have done a lot more painting then myself and might have a different opinion

X2 on the gravity feed if most of your work is for baits.  Siphon feed brushes are more finicky with paints, you have to thin the paints more consistently, they require more air pressure and you probably can't crank up the pressure on that compressor.  Also, they use (waste) more paint between color changes especially if you are doing one or two baits sometimes you only need two drops of paint and that works in the gravity feed.  That being said, I started out with a siphon feed and it is a great brush.(Badger 150) I find the gravity feed with the smallest cup handiest for my small quantity hobby work.

Createx is the standard in acrylic latex airbrush paint.  It comes in standard opaque or in "transparent" versions.  The transparents can be layered to give more realistic effects or you can shoot them heavier to make them opaque, so they're more versatile.  Createx also sells the Auto-Air line of paints that have some different colors for different effects.  Generally, you want to lay down a color basecoat such as a highly pigmented white paint before adding your colors.  Since all of these colors are water based they are easy to clean up after and are non-toxic, but you have to topcoat them with a waterproof clearcoat to make them permanent.