emptystringer81

Lurecrafts Pumpkinseed

What does everyones pumpkinseed look like? I always thought pumpkinseed was like a sandish color, but the pumpkinseed I got from Lurecraft is almost like a oxblood, like a orangish red. I did notice it says new formulation to add small amounts before making a big batch. Maybe that's why im having a hard time getting the right green pumpkin color.

I got mine from Spike-It... They call it "carolina pumpkin"... I like it! It is a sandy brown with a slight orange tint

I have some craw baits in the gallery made with it (clubber craw)

Actually they look kinda dark in that picture... Here's one in the sunlight, its a little chewed up, but you get the idea

Ill have to try the spike it, I just been trying to get mainly LC colors because most all the recipes I see are mainly from LC. I also have bass tackle colors in green pumpkin and watermelon

Yes a lot of the formulas reference LC colors but they to have changed over the years. I can't give you a real accurate time line of when it happened but it has. As for colors they are different from place to place. Each eye has a different idea of what a color should be. That's why you make your own baits so you have control of what you want.

Guys - I am sorry the colors have  changed over the years and they all have not changed at the same time.  What has happened is pigments that use to be purchased are no longer able to be bought because they have become obsolete.  LureCraft is over 45 years old so the pigments purchased were formulated long before we bought the company and before many of the other companies started selling plastic making supplies.  When we were making baits, we didn't like some of the coloring by themselves either but learned to combined different colors to make what we were looking for.  Was it simple - no, but one can't change a pigment unless absolutely necessary because of those who have been buying it for a long time and when it does have to be changed, we try to still make it as close as possible.  The pumpkinseed is called that instead of pumpkin (which I think it should be called too) because that is what is was called before we bought LureCraft.  I apologize for the change in come of the colors but it was out of our control and we tried to formulate the new colors as close as we could.  We have not had to change any raw pigments  for well over a year now.  I apologize for any inconvenience.

• Like 1