mark poulson

Predator Bass Wiggle Wart Is A Salmon Killer

This may be against the "rules"...but as a new bait maker I sure would appreciate more posts like this that "approve" a bait by multiple users. 

It would be very helpful if we could have a section (and you can not read it if you don't like it!) where we can rate the performance of a bait by the various companies listed in the section where to get baits.

As I said in another post, these companies appear take the time and effort to research their baits and guarantee their performance.....but I would still like some confirmation by anglers!

I don't mind spending my money...but I sure hate to waste my money and time painting a bait that just doesn't work all that well.

I sure would like to know what the members think are the top ten best action baits and who supplies them.

It's going to be a long winter and I need some painting projects!

Thanks for your consideration.

• Like 2

If I was selling baits, I would have at least a 10 second video of every lure, so that you could see what you were buying into. I think that this basic requirement should be expected of the supplier. If the videos are posted here on TU, it would just be pure sales propaganda, but you could say that about any lure video.

So, although you all know what I think of these lures and all the free advertising that they receive, the service of recommendation is for TU members should be allowed, provided it is not posted by the lure supplier. Apart from videos, don't you think that there are already enough of these sales threads, seems like a new one appears once a month.

Try a search. The trick is to search using a word that is only applicable to the subject - try 'Chinese' and you will get three pages of these sales threads.

Dave

• Like 1

This may be against the "rules"...but as a new bait maker I sure would appreciate more posts like this that "approve" a bait by multiple users.

It would be very helpful if we could have a section (and you can not read it if you don't like it!) where we can rate the performance of a bait by the various companies listed in the section where to get baits.

As I said in another post, these companies appear take the time and effort to research their baits and guarantee their performance.....but I would still like some confirmation by anglers!

I don't mind spending my money...but I sure hate to waste my money and time painting a bait that just doesn't work all that well.

I sure would like to know what the members think are the top ten best action baits and who supplies them.

It's going to be a long winter and I need some painting projects!

Thanks for your consideration.

I had this same thought.. Only im building my baits and would like a "control group" to compare them too

It is OK to post your own thread with questions like this, that way the replies are more focused on your subject... If you are unsure if your question is relevant to the forums, the docks are a safe place to post

I will say that Predator Bass Baits has a great lure in it's rattling Wiggle Wark knockoff.

I can burn them back to the boat with a fast retrieve, and they will "hunt".  

If I hold the rod tip high, I can burn them over the tops of the grass and they move like a chatterbait, very erratic.

His 4" Sammie knockoffs walk really easily, and catch fish.

His Megabass P.o.p. X knockoff also works, and can be walked, too.

I've had good luck with his 1.5 and 2.5 square bills.

I've also had good luck with the square bills from Bustin Bass Baits, and his Buzzjet Jr. knockoff works really well.

That is not to say these are the only good sources for plastic knockoffs. They are just the only ones I've had personal experience with.

Edited by mark poulson

MasterChief,

I also use it for more than lures.

I have a stop block glued to my garage floor, so I don't back my boat into the wall, but, when it was low light, the block was hard to see.

So I sprayed the block with some clear acrylic, and cover it with the GloNation Green/White powder.  Then I sprayed more clear acrylic, this time saturating the powder.

It dried hard, and glows like a light house when I'm backing in.

I've also added the same powder to plastisol, and the baits glow subtly in the dark.

Edited by mark poulson
  • Like 1

MasterChief,

I also use it for more than lures.

I have a stop block glued to my garage floor, so I don't back my boat into the wall, but, when it was low light, the block was hard to see.

So I sprayed the block with some clear acrylic, and cover it with the GloNation Green/White powder.  Then I sprayed more clear acrylic, this time saturating the powder.

It dried hard, and glows like a light house when I'm backing in.

I've also added the same powder to plastisol, and the baits glow subtly in the dark.

Mark, I'm not sure if I hate you, myself or both of us, but now you've got me thinking about laying down a strip of glow paint going to the bathroom so I don't have to turn the lights on in the middle of the night. :?

Ben

• Like 4