Les Young

Zoom Junebug Baby Brush Hog

I'm trying to match it & am getting extremely close, but not getting the cloudy look. Using spike it violet 193 & even added a drop of spike it pthalo blue. Using spike it medium plastic & no salt. Would salt be needed to achieve the clouded look? Thanks

Zoom baits don't contain alot of salt

try teaspoon per cup to start with.

I Have tried TO MAKE the zooms junebug  or junebug  red color also. never got it to my liking. their junebug red is funky.. sorta looks blk at distance but when u hold up to light it's like a fl. purple.I have been using the spike it's junebug color ,salt and alittle blue. but like i said i am still not happy ( YET)

Salt is your missing ingredient as it will give that cloudy look. As Frank said the granular size of the salt will determine the cloudiness based on the amount you add. Most manufacturers and people use a "fine" grade of salt that is a smaller particle size than conventional table salt. There are plenty of threads on this forum as to where to find some locally or most suppliers carry some of that type of sale as well. If you look at Zoom bags the sticker will say "Super Salty Plus" meaning it has Salt. Or it will say "Better than Salt" meaning it has no Salt. No salt is better than salt? Hmmmm :?

Zoom baits don't contain alot of salt

try teaspoon per cup to start with.

I Have tried TO MAKE the zooms junebug  or junebug  red color also. never got it to my liking. their junebug red is funky.. sorta looks blk at distance but when u hold up to light it's like a fl. purple.I have been using the spike it's junebug color ,salt and alittle blue. but like i said i am still not happy ( YET)

Arch,

LureWorks JuneBug 125 is a match to the old school Junebug that Zoom used to make. In recent years Zoom has switched their colorant for JuneBug to different shade. The new shade has a much blue-er undertone. I think you would be happy with LureWorks Violet 193 as it is a closer match to the current blue shade JuneBug Zoom is making currently.

• Like 2

Thanks. I am using violet 193. I can get the color extremely close, but just want the clouded look so I'm going to get some salt. I think I'm the only one that notices that it doesn't have the cloudy look. Everyone elsereally likes them, but until I nail this particular color I won 't be satisfied. It's already caught several fish & fishermen too for me. Lol

Salt is your missing ingredient as it will give that cloudy look. As Frank said the granular size of the salt will determine the cloudiness based on the amount you add. Most manufacturers and people use a "fine" grade of salt that is a smaller particle size than conventional table salt. There are plenty of threads on this forum as to where to find some locally or most suppliers carry some of that type of sale as well. If you look at Zoom bags the sticker will say "Super Salty Plus" meaning it has Salt. Or it will say "Better than Salt" meaning it has no Salt. No salt is better than salt? Hmmmm :?

Arch,

LureWorks JuneBug 125 is a match to the old school Junebug that Zoom used to make. In recent years Zoom has switched their colorant for JuneBug to different shade. The new shade has a much blue-er undertone. I think you would be happy with LureWorks Violet 193 as it is a closer match to the current blue shade JuneBug Zoom is making currently.

How about the lureworks grape 117 ? I have that also

The only difference i see when holding mine under florescent light beside a zoom is that mine doesn't have the clouded look using violet 193 at 8 drops for three ounces& one drop of pthalo blue. I'll definitley be picking up some salt. By the way my buddy very, very rarely  can hang with me using plastics, but he actually beat me pretty good lastnight using one of my junebug  4 inch shz del-mart  hogs  & me using zooms junebug superhog for comparison. He got a lot more bites than me wether he was up front or in the back of the boat using the same line & weight & rod action. Needless to say he thinks i'm the man when it comes to making baits now instead of turning into a mad scientist like he thought i was. lol Thanks guys.

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm that the Lureworks Violet and Pthalo blue is the latest zoom colored junebug before I order it? I have been trying to get this recipe with MF and Lurecraft and have not had success. I cannot get the deep bluish color even adding blue. The LC Violet purple gives it a brown tint to the plastic. Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to match junebug red. Which is junebug with green and red flake. Thank You!  

Try junebug 125, pthalo blue & add a drop of violet 193 in about 3.75 ounces.  It will have s red tint until it curedthen should be extremely close to matching zooms color. I actually matched it to a tee, but forgot to write it down & this is the only time I have forgot. I'll try it again when I have the chance & will write it down next time. 

The thicker plastic will be darker& the tails will be lighter because if thinness. Try this if you have the colorant for it.12 to 15 drops junebug 125,. A few drops( probably 6 or so)black grape& 1 drop violet 193. To 3.75 ounces plastic. Regular junebug red ( without the fluorescent purplish look) was junebug 125 colorant with1/4tsp.green &  1/ 8 tsp. red glitter.  If you want more red  make it 1/4 tsp.  I believe the junebug 125, black grape & violet 193 will suit you depending on how many drops black grape you use. It will have the red tint until cured. Been there done that & I was torn up about it until the guys here told me it would do that. Lol

Edited by Les Young
  • Like 1