B BUG

American Tackle Carbon grips

Now that we are near the mid point of winter and my tackle is back in order and ready for Spring, I am wanting to build two spinning rods to replace what was lost this past season. I am looking for any input on the carbon grips that American Tackle has out. Both Good and Bad. As of right now the plan is to build on the X-Ray blank by North Fork or some other high end blank ( will take advice on blanks as well). Looking for input on both building and fishing with these handles. 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, B BUG said:

They are pricy and I am about to find out weather they are worth it or not. My 16 year old son mentioned that he would like to learn how to build rods so I have a great reason to build yet another rod.  

I was at American Tackle today and looked at those carbon grips..they are sweet...it a totally hand made part.

I got mine today and you are correct, they look and feel very sweet. I am looking forward to see and feel the end result. Now the blanks seem to be hung up somewhere half way between where they are shipped from and my house. Not really in too much of a hurry, I have at least two months to build these.