Outlaw4

airbrush glow in the dark paint

I've sprayed the Wicked 0210 uv glow base with limited success. Maybe I wasn't using it correctly tho.

I tried using it as a multi layer base coat with a lite paint scheme over the top and got no glowing at all. Then used it as a finish coat over the paint scheme before clearing, this had a moderate glow effect. 

I found it took many coats, 6-8 dried layers, to get it to somewhat glow.  This many coats caused the paint/clear to become milky or cloudy like an old MCU finish when it turns. 

I was using it on a glide bait to be able see it at night. The bait would glow for a few minutes and then need to be "Recharged" under a light and even then I could only see it when it less than 20-25 feet from my boat. While I didn't expect it to shine like a star, I was thinking the glow would be more substantial.

I was also looking at the situation as me being able to see how the bait was swimming as opposed to the fish seeing it because of the glow.

Not sure if any of this will relate to your Transparent dark base.   Like I said, I could have been applying it completely wrong and hopefully there is a dif process or application to be more effective.

• Thanks 1

I have had some success with glow pigment mixed with transparent base.

It is thick so you will have to play around with mixture ratios to be able to spray it.  it takes several coats and goes on a little grainy, but the glow is the longest and brightest I have found.  Should be able to recharge every 15-20 minutes or so 

I have not tried to sand it but that might work once your layers are down.  You can paint over it also

https://www.technoglowproducts.com/green-glow-in-the-dark-powder-1-choice-glow/

• Thanks 1